Burke Medical Center offers a variety of services to support the healthcare needs of our community. We believe our excellent patient care and superior bedside manner help make your stay at Burke Medical Center as satisfying as possible.
MAINTENANCE SECURITY & DIRECTOR
Responsible for the overall supervision, day-to-day operational activities, administrative planning and coordination for a safe and secure environment for Burke Medical Center’s facility staff and physicians, who to render care to our patients. The Director must have the knowledge of and ability to mentor & coach our staff to guarantee we meet all Life Safety Code requirements as well as Joint Commission Standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job description include but are not limited to:
- Maintains function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing a preventative maintenance program;
- Operating and testing systems and equipment;
- Restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts;
- Ability to prioritize staff and projects;
- Customer Service to include staff, patients, visitors, and vendors;
- Review and implement Policies and Procedures;
- Assigns, directs, and oversees the activities of maintenance department personnel
- Meets maintenance & security operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, customer-service standards; and resolving problems
- Meets maintenance financial standards by providing budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions
- Evaluates functionality and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by conferring with operating departments; identifying problems and solution
- Improves function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by studying performance results; identifying, recommending, and implementing changes, expansions, and additions
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations
- Maintaining competency by updating job knowledge through participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications for staff and for the position
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff and respecting all differences
- Defines realistic, specific goals and objectives, prioritizes effectively, and produces quality results
- Responds in a timely manner to messages/requests
- Provides patients and the general public with care keeping patient rights and ethical concerns in mind
- Creates and maintains a positive and trustworthy community image and respectful attitude
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of a unit work environment that reflects the principals, performance improvement, and customer service program consistent with the Hospital’s Mission Statement
- Participates in team approach throughout the organization
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned in an efficient, effective and cost conscious manner, complying with all hospital policies, procedures, and regulations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATION and EDUCATIONAL AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Trade school or Associate degree preferred
- Skills in the area of:
- Heating and Air Conditioning Systems
- Boiler Operations
- Light Commercial Contractor
- Two (2) years of general maintenance; Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC), and/or refrigeration experience required
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience preferred
- Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM) Preferred
- FMC, CFM, AFE, CPE, CPMM, CPS or similar designation required
The hospital emergency department is open and staffed by physicians 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
Burke Medical Center has a cardiac room, trauma rooms, exam rooms, an outpatient therapy room and a decontamination room, which handles biohazard and chemical exposures.
Anesthesia services are provided in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Our respiratory department offers a wide array of testing including holter monitoring, electrocardiograms (EKGs), pulmonary function testing, sleep studies, and smoking cessation classes.
Outpatient appointment hours are Monday – Friday from 7:00am – 5:00pm.
Our lab offers a wide panel of testing in a modern equipment setting.
Outpatient appointment hours are Monday – Friday from 7:00am – 7:00pm.
For upcoming blood donation dates, please visit http://www.shepeardblood.org/Calendar
Diabetic classes are offered free of charge on the third Wednesday of the month at 6:00pm in our Classroom. Call our Registered Dietician for more information at (912)537-2556 or (912)245-1765.
Family and caregivers are also welcome to attend.
Nutritional counseling is also available by appointment. You must be referred by your family physician.
Burke Medical Center offers a variety of inpatient and outpatient procedures. We specialize in:
GYN procedures including but not limited to:
- D&C dilation and curettage
- Tubal ligation
Our facility offers outpatient endoscopy procedures including:
- EGD esophagogastroduodenoscopy
- PEG tube placement
- Gastroenterology studies
We offer specialized services in our outpatient clinics.
Outpatient appointment hours are Monday and Friday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Appointment times vary. Please contact the hospital at (706) 437-2690 for clinic times and hours:
- Gastroenterology (Digestive disorders, irritable bowel syndrome, colonoscopies, Crohn’s disease, and colitis)
- Orthopedics (Back pain, joint pain, injections, sports injuries, and sports physicals)
We also provide a variety of independently scheduled clinics including: cardiology, urology, pain management, podiatry, pulmonology (sleep studies) (Added April 2014), and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) (Added July 2014).
- Cardiology: (706) 724-8611
- Urology: (706) 733-9461
- Pain Management: (706) 396-7671
- Podiatry: (706) 554-2877
- Pulmonology (Sleep Studies): (706) 863-7710
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): (706) 437-2673
For Sleep Studies or MRI, please call your physician for a referral.
We are pleased to provide to our patients leading diagnostic imaging technology. The radiology department features:
- General diagnostic X-ray
- Digital mammography
- Bone density testing
- Computerized Tomography (CT) scans
- Vascular studies, including echocardiograms and dopplers
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)(Added July 2014)
Extended hours – We provide mammograms Thursdays until 6:00pm.
Outpatient appointment hours are Monday – Friday from 7:00am – 5:30 pm.
Rural Health Clinic
Burke Medical Center Health Clinic offers complete family health care services to the community. Our office is designed to serve you and your family’s healthcare needs in a friendly and comfortable setting. We provide the best medical care to every patient every day. We have a dedicated team of highly qualified healthcare professionals five days a week.
Social Services assistance is provided to patients to assist with general health and well-being. Services provided include community and health equipment needs referrals.
Appointment hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Enterostomal (Wound Care) Therapy
Here, we provide inpatient as well as outpatient treatment for non-healing wounds. Additionally, we offer assessment and education regarding fecal and urinary diversions.
Outpatient appointment hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm.
At Burke Medical Center, we also provide services that focus on overall mobility and ambulation. Helping patients improve in these areas usually includes treatment to increase endurance, lower body strength, range of motion and balance as well as a decrease in pain.
Outpatient appointment hours are Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm.
This service emphasizes a patient’s ability to function in the areas of self-care, leisure and work. Typically, treatment plans will address upper body strength, range of motion, coordination, endurance, environmental modification and caregiver education.
Outpatient appointment hours are Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm.
Speech and Language Pathology
We offer speech and language pathology as well, which addresses any problem in the area of swallowing and communication. The speech and language pathologist focuses on deficit evaluation, including swallow studies, oral motor exercises and cognitive interventions.
After discharge, some patients may require more therapy before going home. The Swing Bed program offers 24-hour nursing care, physical therapy/occupational therapy/speech services, continued IV, antibiotics and respiratory care.
The pharmacy provides medications for inpatients, outpatients and emergency room patients during their time with us. You can help the pharmacy staff by providing a list of your current medications and any drug or food allergies you may have.